Inspiring Sims
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dutch Colonial - Roof Tutorial(credit go to gmawolf for writing this sims3 tut)

Go down

Dutch Colonial - Roof Tutorial(credit go to gmawolf for writing this sims3 tut)  Empty Dutch Colonial - Roof Tutorial(credit go to gmawolf for writing this sims3 tut)

Post  pierre Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:57 pm

I told several folks that I was going to do this tutorial, soooo, here ya go. It is very easy, I Promise...

First off, build your house foundation, and add the 1st and/or 2nd level of walls, but remember after the 1st level you will need to get rid of that Auto Roof...

Dutch Colonial - Roof Tutorial(credit go to gmawolf for writing this sims3 tut)  N00

Dutch Colonial - Roof Tutorial(credit go to gmawolf for writing this sims3 tut)  N01

Then you will need to click the Auto Roof, to off.
Dutch Colonial - Roof Tutorial(credit go to gmawolf for writing this sims3 tut)  N05

After that the next step will be, to add another set off walls. By using the "Create A Room" tool,
count in 3 squares from front or back of the house, and start at one end,

Dutch Colonial - Roof Tutorial(credit go to gmawolf for writing this sims3 tut)  N03

Dutch Colonial - Roof Tutorial(credit go to gmawolf for writing this sims3 tut)  N04

So far, so good.... Right? Of course I am... Very Happy

Next step, start adding roofs. so go into your roof tools.
Dutch Colonial - Roof Tutorial(credit go to gmawolf for writing this sims3 tut)  N3

Once open, click on the Half Gable Roof tool
Dutch Colonial - Roof Tutorial(credit go to gmawolf for writing this sims3 tut)  N4

Then staring at one corner, click and drag diagonally to the other end and to the nearest outside wall.
Dutch Colonial - Roof Tutorial(credit go to gmawolf for writing this sims3 tut)  N5

Dutch Colonial - Roof Tutorial(credit go to gmawolf for writing this sims3 tut)  N6

See now that was easy, wasn't it. Sure it was!!! Very Happy

Repeat that step on the opposite side.
Dutch Colonial - Roof Tutorial(credit go to gmawolf for writing this sims3 tut)  N7

Now you need to get the Gable Roof Tool
Here
Dutch Colonial - Roof Tutorial(credit go to gmawolf for writing this sims3 tut)  N8

I think you know how to use that one, but just in case. Start at one corner, and drag to the opposite corner. Ok, ok, I know it isn't looking like the Dutch Colonial roofs that I made... That is when you go get that grifty (Grifty - A word we made up in the 60's combo word of groovy and nifty - Grifty!!!) pronounced grif - tee. Enough of the vocabulary lesson... Very Happy

Dutch Colonial - Roof Tutorial(credit go to gmawolf for writing this sims3 tut)  N11

With this tool you will need to bring the Gable Roof lower, I usually go to about the lowest point. Then use it to raise each side, I usually do that until the top line of the Half Gable roof is just showing in the Gable Roof... Hopefully I find those Pictures....

Dutch Colonial - Roof Tutorial(credit go to gmawolf for writing this sims3 tut)  N12

Dutch Colonial - Roof Tutorial(credit go to gmawolf for writing this sims3 tut)  N14

Of course repeat on the other side... Wouldn't want a lopsided roof, now would we...? Well, unless of course we were building a contemporary house. Laughing

That concludes this lesson on the Dutch Colonial style roof... Hope that it will be useful to at least a few of you. I hope to see some other Dutch Colonial Style houses (other that mine) real soon.

Keep on Simming!!! And as always have fun doing it.
pierre
pierre
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum